Sunday, August 4, 2013

I'm Blogging! WHAT?!


     Well, here we go! I can't believe we've actually started a blog! Jamie and I have talked about this forever and then I didn't want to be trendy and then I didn't think I had the time (which I still don't) but then we came to realize that maybe through our experiences, successes, and failures we could possibly encourage someone else, or make them laugh at us at least. I've also been 'encouraged' to share about our family's Foodie Fridays. For the past few months, we have taken turns picking a country, culture, or theme and then cooking dinner together as a family with new recipes. We've tried all sorts of new things like fish sauce and star fruit, to rose water cheese balls from India. We learn about the country, their customs, and then pray for them before we dig in! At least, I can count it as homeschool!
     My experience starting a blog as a perfectionist non-techy? It's a bit rough. I see beautiful blogs that are all custom and have buttons and logos and images and such. But then I try and can't seem to figure out much. Thank goodness for youtube tutorials! I'll learn eventually! I may have to start paying my 13 year old since he seems to be able to design this thing better than me! Well, cross your fingers for me as we get this thing going!
~Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment