Saturday, November 9, 2013

My Finale to the Change 3 Challenge...

by Jenny

So now it's November 9th and I "ended" the Change 3 Challenge nine days ago and still haven't written an update. I say "ended" because I was so bad about the changes that last week and a half it's almost laughable.
If you haven't followed these Change 3 Challenge posts, here is my first~ Change 3 Challenge. Then I shared how I did after one full week in my Was I Successful in My 3 Challenges? and then the following week I shared my Two Weeks in~Change 3 Challenge. That was my last post. I could say I feel like I failed but I'm going to look on the bright side. I'm choosing to be positive.
In a nutshell, my three challenges were drinking more water, writing down what I eat, and only eating veggies or fruits between meals.
Overall, I would say I wasn't necessarily successful in these three challenges as far as accomplishing them more often than not. But I would say a lot of good came out of this challenge.
1. I am drinking a full glass of water everyday before I start all of my coffee to insure I'm getting more than I was...that also encourages me to drink more in between the coffee because I just refill my water bottle.
2. I really eliminated snacking between meals altogether which was helpful (honestly though...it went out the window when the trunk or treat candy came in the house...)
and lastly...
3. I've really begun to think and pray about the 'food issue' in my life. I really don't want to talk about this with anyone because if you read my first post I think I remember mentioning living in denial when it comes to my physical realm.... well, I'm coming to the realization that it really is something deeper for me. I rely on food when I'm stressed, when I'm sad, when I'm angry. I think the way others can rely on drugs or alcohol, I rely on food. And that's not healthy. So I'm working on this. And it's going to take some time. And more than this challenge can fix. But I'm super glad I did this because it got me thinking. Or maybe I'm not. I haven't decided yet.

2 comments:

  1. Jenny I am so glad you did the challenge with us. I know you think you didnt do so well but I think you did. The point of the challenge was to show you what really needed to change in your life, which for me was made clear by the fact I wasnt so successful in all of my challenges. Keep praying and God will bring you were you need to be when you are ready. I turn to food way too much myself. Thats why some of my weight has started to creep back on. I need to get a grip on it, maybe in January (after all the holiday rush) we can team up together and figure out something to help each other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! :) A future plan sounds great to me!! ~Jenny

      Delete