Thursday, October 3, 2013

Jamie's "Change 3 Challenge" Choices


OK, so it's my turn for the "Change 3 Challenge!"

As some of you may have noticed, Jenny and I have recently "linked up" with a fellow blogger and her blog, "Adventures in Mindful Cooking", and have accepted her "Change 3 Challenge." This challenge is about pin-pointing and focusing on just three things you want to  change for the better in your life. It started Oct. 1 and will last until Nov. 1. You can join in any time! The goal is to form new habits within that 30 days.

So I've come up with a list for myself which will be quite a challenge for me!

1. Stick to my schedule at least 3 days of the week.

I recently had to re-evaluate my days at home. I was feeling very stressed and overloaded with responsibilities every day, and I knew something had to change! After a few days of observing my stress, I came to the conclusion that my 10 year old, my 12 year old, and I could not be on the same schedule anymore. They have certain responsibilities they need to focus on themselves that I could not take on for them anymore; I have enough on my plate as it its, and they are old enough to "step up their game!" So as of now, they have their schedules while I have mine, and parts of our schedules overlap so we are still doing things together. Anyway, all that to say, if I can stick to my personal schedule, I will be focusing on the right things, on the right days, at the right times, and not stressing over everything, everyday, all the time! Whew! If I can do this at least 3 days a week, I am certain my stress level will lessen. This will be my most challenging challenge!


2. Exercise with my kids at least 3 days a week.

I have been pretty good to stick to an exercise routine for myself, but find that I am constantly harping on the kids to "do something active!" I have realized that I must come along side my children in order to form these healthy habits. They are eager to walk or ride bikes around the block, or play dance games on the X-Box, as long as I do it with them! So I have included 30 minutes of exercising together in our daily schedules. I know this will prove to be a challenge as well! I guess that is the point of this, right? LOL!

3. Lose 5 pounds this month.

WHY am I including this challenge?! (I'm talking to myself here.) WHY am I torturing myself with announcing this?!  I know it is going to be the HARDEST one and, I CERTAINLY do NOT want accountability here, people!!! BUT...I NEED to do this for my HEALTH! My high blood pressure is most likely due to my weight. It is possible hereditary, but I need to find out. I DO NOT want to be on prescription medication for hypertension for the rest of my life...especially with all this new Obamacare stuff. Who knows where that will leave me in the future! But that's a whole 'nother blog!! LOL!!

Ok, so there it is! My 3 scary challenges! Since today is Thursday, I am officially starting these changes this Monday. I am already working toward them, but I will start recording progress on Monday. I plan on blogging about this at the end of this month to let y'all know how I did! Wish me luck, or better yet, pray for me!!

1 comment:

  1. Jamie I am so glad you are doing this challenge! I think you have 3 good choices for your challenge. I am with you on the schedule thing, just I need to get me and the kids on the same one! One of the things I have realized from doing my challenges is how much I need to get on a schedule or at least a routine. I am praying for you and your challenges.You can do it!You can do it!

    ReplyDelete