Monday, September 23, 2013

Why is Exercising So Hard?!

By Jamie

Here's what I want to say about exercise: everybody wants to be fit, but nobody wants to work for it...including me! Why does exercise have to be so hard?! Well, I can't say I've figured out the magic formula for getting fit the easy way, but I have learned some things that seem to work well for me. First, join a gym. Second, find a class that works for you. Third, wear your gym clothes all day, and lastly, most importantly, make yourself accountable.

I have found that evenings work well for me so that I can school during the day. I tried some morning classes for a while, but I found that the times just weren't working for me. With the evening classes, I can go with my husband and we can encourage each other. We love the Lift and Load class because we can work on our muscles, and who doesn't love muscles? We have gotten to know our instructor, Robyn, and some of the other people there, thus making us more accountable to the class. Whenever we miss, I can count on a Facebook post from Robyn saying she missed us!

Anyway, just do it! Pick a class and make a priority to go! Put your gym clothes on in the morning so you are mentally prepared for the class! And get to know someone there who will hold you accountable! Thanks, Robyn!!






No comments:

Post a Comment