Friday, September 27, 2013

Foodie Friday Out

We thought this week might be a great opportunity for a Successful Foodie Friday out. Just about every Friday our family enjoys cooking meals together from different countries. This weekend we decided to make a trip to Kansas City so we thought we'd find a restaurant on Food Network that was on Diners, Drive ins, & Dives or something. We settled on a place called Johnny's BBQ. The car trip had a lovely moment of a diaper explosion- I don't think I want to relive that moment by telling any more than that... We arrived at the restaurant at noon after riding in the car for several hours. I thought the kids would be so happy to get out the van.  It was quite busy so we had a bit of a wait in line. Juliet, our 18 month old, chose this moment to begin a defiant, loud, & embarrassing fit. She didn't want to be held. She wouldn't stay in line with us. Gregg had the kids get a table and try to take her to sit down there. She screamed and made a break for it. I walked with her and tried to sit while Gregg ordered. He comes with the food and we thought it would get better because she would be eating. Nope. People are staring. Gregg walks outside with her. I do the mom 'whisper yell' in her ear, probably using too many words for her to even understand. I have her sit with me. I try the high chair. I walk her to the bathroom. Nothing's working. Again, people are still looking. It's not that I care what other people think, but I want them to enjoy their meal out too. 
Gregg decided to take her to the car and asked me to bring his food out in a 'to go' box. He said when they got to the car, she said, "Ni-night" and happily got buckled. I guess that was her deal. You'd think she wouldn't have wanted to get back in the car...
Needless to say, I don't really remember our meal. It was probably good but I was so stressed I don't remember. 
What we thought might be a Successful Foodie Friday out, turned out to be a flop. Sometimes that happens. Especially at her stage right now. Oh well, tomorrow's another day and we're gonna have fun! Renaissance Festival, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment