Friday, May 29, 2015

Face as Smooth as a Baby's.....

The second DIY handmade goodie I'd like to share is my facial moisturizer.
I was using a product which I liked and worked but cost me $25 to buy and I couldn't pronounce half the ingredients. I had tried some organic and natural products in the past but one was drying, one made me break out, and one actually tinted my face orange!! I kept thinking, "There has to be something that's effective that I can make myself."
I started reading up on oils that moisturize and discovered jojoba oil. I bought a small bottle to try. After about 5 days I noticed some drying. So back to the books and read about vegetable glycerin. Since I was going to be mixing the two I had to figure out a good bottle to keep them in and had some roller ball bottles on hand (for making my own oil blends and diluting other oils). So after several tries this is the final and best recipe for my skin...

Facial Moisturizer 
*Jojoba oil
*Vegetable Glycerin 
*Rose Regenerative oil (or lavender, frankincense)

I fill the bottle 2/3 full with jojoba, add 5-7 drops of glycerin. Then add 4-5 drops of rose regenerative oil. 

The Rose Regenerative oil is a blend including Rose otto, Neroli, Carrot seed, Frankincense, Lemon, Helichrysum, Cistus, Lavender, Rose Hip Seed Oil so it is anti-aging, anti-wrinkling, regenerates new skin, diminishes age spots, and decreases large pores. I'm loving this oil by the way! Or you could use frankincense and lavender too. Frankincense is rejuvenating and healing and Lavender is soothing and great for the skin.
 
Frankly, you could just use the base oils, but using essential oils just gives added benefits. 

The beauty of this concoction is that it is so adjustable to each skin type! And its base of the two oils are good, natural basics. And those two bottles cost me like $10! And I've barely made a dent in them! The other brand cost me $25 and lasted 6 months and I've been using these bottles for 3 months so way more savings- duh!!

Oh, my other bits of advice with this are- play around with ratios, and because it feels light you may keep rolling it on but 10 minutes later you're face will be super moist so don't over do it! 

If you try it, I'd love to hear how you like it!! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment